Happy Thursday! Is it me or is this week crawling by at a glacial pace? I have determined that having a work cubicle that is near a window just emphasizes how mood-affected I am by the weather. It was grey and overcast all day yesterday and I was tired and sluggish and really unmotivated all day. On sunny days I am just bouncing with energy. YEG, bring back the sun please. Time for some Thinking Out Loud Thursday with Amanda at Running with Spoons!
- Last night I taught a TWO HOUR spin class. It’s the longest amount of time I’ve ever taught in one bout. I’ve done two back to back one-hour classes with a bit of a break (15-30 minutes) in between but never for two hours straight. It was the final class for my 90-minute spin class and my participants requested a two hour class to “celebrate.” Yep, these people are crazy.
- I have a few songs that I’m in love with right now and I just have to share them. I haven’t done a “Tuesday Tunes” in a while so I haven’t mentioned the songs I have stuck in my head. Currently I have “Hurricane” by Luke Combs (a country song) stuck in my head, but here are my latest workout tracks:
Yeah, I know these songs aren’t exactly ‘new,’ I’m just a little slow when it comes to adopting new music. I DID listen to the new Drake album this week though which I thought was pretty impressive… though I wasn’t impressed with the actual album. Sorry, Drake.
- My birthday is exactly one week away. I will excuse you for the next 43 seconds while you add this as a reminder to your phone, scribble it on your calendar, and jot it in your day planner. I have a fun weekend planned in Calgary which means I’m taking the day after my birthday off. I’m also ditching work early on my birthday to go to a massage and get my hair done. My coworkers asked if it was an important birthday and I said, “Nope, I just don’t want to work on my birthday.” #treatyoself
- I have a new favourite leg move that caused my glutes to be sore for two days after Sunday’s workout – CURTSY LUNGES. My friend recommended them and I tried them out and couldn’t believe how tough they were. I use the smith machine to do them and usually only add 25lb or 35lb plates. DO IT.
- Do you watch fitness YouTubers? I go through phases where I enjoy watching fitness YouTubers and really like hearing them talk about their lifestyles and learning new moves to add to my routines at the gym and then I’ll get frustrated with the amount of processed shit they eat and think about how I could be enjoying my life rather than watching someone else’s and I’ll stop watching for a while.
- Like the other 3.5 billion women on the planet, I have an unhealthy obsession with Brock O’Hurn. Famous for his body and man bun, this man is a treat for the eyes. He is shirtless in most of his Instagram stories by the way. I heard. From a friend. I don’t virtually stalk him or anything.
*wipes drool off keyboard*
I think that’s all for me! I talked so much about food yesterday that I feel like I shouldn’t add too much else about what’s on my plate, even though I could talk about that melting brie forever. It just snowed for 15 minutes as I was writing this and I wanted to cry – that’s Edmonton weather for you! Have a wonderful Thursday!
Who is your current celebrity crush?
Do you watch any YouTubers regularily?
Current favourite workout song?