Just like that, we’re already into Thursday! Long weekends make for confusing but super short weeks! I’m linking up with Amanda at Running with Spoons for another edition, edition 101 to be exact, of Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
- I mentioned yesterday that I did a quick leg and stair workout Tuesday night. It must have been a good one because I woke up yesterday morning with insanely sore legs. I really didn’t think I did enough to warrant that type of soreness but because of that I probably didn’t stretch enough and thus…
- I get excited when I’m sore and I have spin class. Spin flushes out my legs and is so much less impact than running. I really think it helps my soreness rather than enhances it so last night’s class was a good one. We did a lot of 5-7 minute drills which are tough but also require less total drills in class so the class seems to go by faster. Another great class for the books!
- I have had a Pinterest obsession with Monarch butterflies lately. I think they make beautiful watercolours and tattoos and it reminds me of my obsession with learning about butterflies in grades 1 and 2. I remember we did one of those classroom butterfly experiments where you get to watch the caterpillars grow, then cocoon, then go through metamorphosis into butterflies. I want a canvas of this in my apartment.
I additionally would like this as a tattoo on my wrist. IT’S SO CUTE.
- I just finished reading “Happiness for Beginners” and it was super good. I really enjoyed it and it was an easy read that I finished in a couple days. It’s kind of chick-lit but it had an adventure hiking side to it which I appreciated. It was a cute love story woven into one woman’s quest to challenge herself on a three week wilderness adventure. Super cute.
- My snacks at work this week are raw vegetables so I brought a container of hummus to leave in my office fridge and use throughout the week. The concern for someone eating my hummus is real and there is sharpie all over that container to prove it. I finished snacking on red peppers and then went back to our office fridge to heat up my lentil tacos and my coworker was like, “didn’t you just eat?” YEAH. WHAT OF IT? That was like pre-lunch snacking. If you missed it, these lentil tacos are amazing.
- There is a -20C windchill right now in Edmonton, so naturally, I’m looking at swim suits. I cannot get over this swimsuit and have decided that this summer I need to update my swim suit wardrobe. I rarely shop online, or really buy clothes in general, but I do a lot of “window shopping” online… this one has been bookmarked! That mesh halter top is wonderful.
That’s all I have for today, I’m counting down the hours until another weekend because I have the pleasure of subbing an extra spin class this weekend! I love teaching drop-in classes so it’s going to be a fun time! I also have to do my taxes this weekend so that’ll be equally as fun.
Do you have any tattoos? What are they?
What was the last workout to make you “can’t-walk” sore?