I had really good intentions.

I had really really really good intentions of going for a run before school this morning. I had to leave my house before 7 am so it would have meant an early rise and an alarm set for 4:30 am to get a run in. I even set out my shoes, gloves, and headband, and had my Garmin charging on the kitchen counter so that I could just lace up and go.

My alarm went off at 4:30 am. I giggled at how optimistic I was went I went to bed and reset it for 5:45 am. It’s the thought that counts right?

As I walked to the bus stop I was actually really relieved I didn’t try and get a run outside in before school because the sidewalks were SHEER ICE. Literally, it was a skating rink. 

I was hopeful that after class the sidewalks would have melted and I would be able to run (without falling) outside. Not so much. It was gorgeous and sunny with an amazing sunset, but the ice made the sidewalks a no-go for running.

I hit up the gym post-class and it was crazy busy. I jumped on the last available treadmill for a quick 6.0 miles. My legs felt super good so I ran hard (and I knew my mom was making dinner… so that faster you run the faster you can eat ;). My first mile was an 8:20 mile by the time I got the treadmill up to speed and got settled into a pace. I bumped it up after the first mile and did the last five at an average pace of 7:44 min/mile. The last mile was 7:21 because I LOVE negative splits!

I wore my wonderful Nike tempo shorts and made the unfortunate mistake of wearing a spandex shirt that kept riding up as a ran. I spend 2 of the 6 miles attempting to pull down my shirt and not make everyone jealous by flashing my abs (HA, not).

After my run I walked for 15 minutes on the treadmill at a 12% incline. When you miss hiking in the BC mountains, just do some treadmill hiking 🙂

When I left the gym I had to pretty much hitchhike back to my car. I complain about walking a few minutes in the parking lot but can run six miles no problem. I don’t understand that either. I parked on the opposite side of the parking lot than I normally park and had a little trouble finding my car when I left. I pressed the ‘lock’ button about 143 times to track it down.

I wandered around waiting to hear the ‘beep’ to know I was getting close to the car. Once I found it I realized a man had been watching me the entire time who was conveniently parked beside me and was laughing at me. I explained that I never have never had to park so far away, so I was pretty lost. He continued to laugh. Nice. 

Tomorrow morning I am hoping there is far less traffic at the gym… AND that I plan a better outfit. Oh well, six fast miles is six fast miles 🙂