Happy Valentines Day!
Valentines Day is a pretty great holiday. Yes, it is majorly commercialized, but telling our friends, family, and significant others that we love them is pretty great. I have so many amazing people in my life and it never hurts to let them know how awesome and appreciated they are.
I am keeping my Valentines tradition alive once again this year… 20 years of being single on V-Day. I think this is the longest standing tradition in my life… perhaps I should stop using pick-up lines like this 😉
Ah, well, it’ll work on some lucky man.
5 Things that I LOVE this Valentines Day:
1. Family. These fab people are always there for me and I love them like crazy! Oh, and they are now addicted to spin like me, so who couldn’t love that!
2. Running. I am having somewhat of a passionate love affair with running and I can’t imagine my life without it. Running has found a pretty big place in my heart.
3. Peanut butter. Don’t even question the love I have for PB.
4. My health and my body. Not in a ridiculous conceited way, in a healthy self-confident way. Seeing through insane societal constructs of beauty and really appreciating who you are is tough, but understanding that I have one body to live in, and keeping it healthy and happy, is one of the best decisions I have made in my life. I don’t workout because I hate my body, I workout because I love it.
5. YOU. I LOVE reading all of your comments and I appreciate EVERY SINGLE ONE. I enjoy blogging so much because of YOU and I cannot thank you enough for stopping by this little slice of the internet 🙂
Whether you are spending the day with your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, running partner, your cat, dog, friends, or your running shoes, have a wonderful Valentines Day! I get to spend the evening working… apparently single people don’t get priority time off on Valentines Day. I did have an amazing date with my running shoes this morning though, we really connected. I think this relationship could go the distance 😉
What are 5 things YOU are LOVING today?