Another day in the life!

I decided to do another day in the life posts, this time of my typical Wednesday. Last time I wrote one involving a busy day at school, this time I worked from home and then went to my actual job later in the day. I just love these posts. I tried to remember to take pictures of my entire day yesterday, and there are only a few gaps. Most of my day involved food so that makes up the majority of the photos. 

5:30 AM – My alarm went off.

5:42 AM – I actually got out of bed. 

6:23 AM – I was at the gym, on the elliptical, warming up for a run. I did 15 minutes elliptical, ran 4.0 miles, then cooled down with another 15 minutes of elliptical. I came home to do abs because I love using THIS video for my ab exercises. I did two rounds of the video, my daily push-ups, and some hip opener exercises. As an update on my October push-up challenge – I can now do 28 consecutive push-ups without losing form or pausing. I think that’s about a 2% increase from when I started ๐Ÿ˜‰

8:20 AM – Shower. 

8:32 AM – Contemplate putting on actual clothes like jeans.

8:33 AM – Put on spandex tights and a comfy shirt. I didn’t bother doing my hair for another 7 hours because working from home means I lack all motivation to put effort into my outfit and hairstyle. Besides, air drying hair is better for it, right?

8:45 AM – Breakfast. My favourite time of the day. I am on an oatmeal (with egg whites cooked in) hot streak right now. I can’t remember the last time I had something else for breakfast. I get an insta-chill after being sweaty at the gym and hot oatmeal is the only cure. I topped it with peanut butter, cut up some cantaloupe, and munched on a couple of grapes. I love reading other people’s (YOURS) blogs when I am eating breakfast. 

9:50 AM – Coffee. Sometimes I have a cup of coffee with breakfast, sometimes I wait and have it mid-morning. Up until this point in the day I have been reading blogs, writing blog posts, replying to all of your wonderful comments, and perusing Twitter and Facebook. 

10:00 AM – I started to work on my school assignments, group projects, and reading nutrition papers. I usually have to set a limit for myself on how long I will do blog work and procrastinate academic work because otherwise I would blog all day. I had a few different assignments to work on so it kept me busy.

11:45 AM – I got hungry again. My morning snack consisted of plain 0% greek yogurt with pumpkin seeds and dates. I had made an emergency run to Safeway the night before to pick up dates because I was craving them. The combination of tart (yogurt), salty (seeds), and sweet (dates) is perfection.

1:30 PM – I continued to work on school projects and get ready for my next classes by reading the assigned journal articles and textbook chapters up until my stomach growled again and I threw some butternut squash in the oven. I watched an episode of FRIENDS (or three) while I made lunch. I also had a salad with tomatoes, snap peas, goat cheese, and a hard boiled egg. My butternut squash fries were cooked to perfectionโ€ฆ crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. 

2:15 PM – I tried to get back into my school work. 

2:45 PM – I gave up on trying to get back into my school work. I decided to pack my dinner for work that evening. I cooked up a cup of couscous (the food so nice they names it twice!), made a little curry dish, and put the leftovers in the fridge. I used couscous as my base then added chickpeas, tomatoes, raisins, and curry powder. It was actually so delicious. 

3:30 PM – I hit up Starbucks (only to have an amazing friend drop my favourite Starbucks drink off for me at work! Double caffeinated!) on my way to work. I love my new vehicle, I just can’t get enough of it!

4:00 PM  – I started my shift at work.

9:15 PM – I danced out of work because that shift just dragged. It was just over 5 hours but felt like 11. I cranked the radio on my way home and sang as loud as I could. 

9:30 PM – I repacked my lunch bag with my meals for tomorrow at school. I hate rushing in the morning to get my stuff together for the day so getting it done at night is a priority for me. Yes, that is a 10lb. bag of carrots in our refrigerator. 

10:03 PM – Crawled into bed. 

That is definitely a typical Wednesday for me. When school started in September I was committed to going into my office everyday and working there. Once I realized that I could get most everything I need to do done at home and I didn’t have to commute 2 hours a day by bus when I did that, I decided Wednesdays were meant to be “work at home” days. I always work a shift at my part-time job on Wednesday evenings so it’s nice not to have to rush home from school to get to work on time! I more than love quiet and relaxing mornings at home with unlimited coffee and a comfy place to do my school work ๐Ÿ™‚

How was your Wednesday?

What was the BEST thing you ate yesterday?

Do you have the luxury of working from home ever?


  1. Ahh, I’m totally jealous that you can work from home. I have class 5 days a week, so I’m at school a lot. ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s normally not bad, except for days where I have an 8.5 hour shift after class haha. The best thing that I ate yesterday was a vegan za’atar burger with baked fries ๐Ÿ™‚

  2. I agree that having all the comforts of home is great. Most days I can stay motivated when I do that but sometimes you just need a different atmosphere that doesn’t have Netflix available. ha ha

Comments are closed.