It was a weekend of races according to my Instagram and Twitter feeds. High profile races like the Chicago Marathon took place this weekend, as well as awesome Canadian races like the Victoria Marathon and the Okanagan Marathon. There was lots of inspiration and motivation to go around this weekend, motivating me to get out the door and burn off the pumpkin pie that will be consumed this evening!
First things first. One of my awesome friends, who I met through running, just ran the Victoria Marathon over the weekend and accomplished his dream of running a sub-3 marathon, running a 2:58:21. I was being a creep and live-tracking his race in the morning. The 30km tracking mat wasn’t working so when he didn’t cross it at the projected time I was panicking – then he crossed the finish and I was forever inspired. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO SHAWN!
News from the weekend races:
- THIS win at the Kona Ironman World Championships. She ran a 2:50 marathon to FINISH her 140.6 mile race. Insanity.
- Rita Jeptoo REPEATS at the Chicago Marathon champ! Check out her race results HERE.
- THIS couple that has run a marathon in ALL 50 states! How awesome is that!
- Check out the nutrition information in a Thanksgiving dinner HERE and add up the calories on your plate!
- Try and guess the calories on each of the plates HERE! I guessed under on every. single. one.
- If you had to undo one too many buttons on your pants last night, check out ten tips for a healthier thanksgiving HERE!