Oh, Monday, here we go again. After such an emotional week (both good and very, very bad) I am ready for a fresh week! I hope this week involves more smiles and coffee 🙂
Yesterday my mom and I went for a lovely walk with our neighbour and it was so beautiful out. We ended up walking about 4 miles and it was relatively warm for a January day! The streets are still a little icy because of the constant thawing and freezing, but no one fell so all is good!
The one good thing about Mondays is your weekly dose of Motivation Monday. It should really be called a “link love” or “link extravaganza” but these are all hilarious, inspirational, and/or motivational articles. I like reading stories about people who beat the odds, run amazing races, and do crazy things because it inspires me to live each day to the fullest and never say “no” to something just because it scares me or challenges me in ways I’ve never been challenged.
Two treadmill videos. One is awesome and makes me want to be part of a treadmill flash mob. Anyone want to join me? The second is just hilarious and also one of my biggest fears. I also don’t understand why he is running backwards on the treadmill? I see people doing this at my gym from time to time and it just seems like a recipe for disaster.
- Treadmill awesomeness. I need to find 40 friends to do THIS with.
- Not so awesome, I feel so bad for him. Check out THIS one too!
- I was looking at articles from Women’s Health magazine and I figured I should find some content for my male audience (I mean, if my spin classes are male-doninated, why wouldn’t my blog readership be? 😉 ) so I found THIS article in Men’s Health magazine… people have weird goals.
- I know a few bloggers out there that I regularly follow took part in the Dopey Challenge last weekend. It is exactly what it sounds… DOPEY. A 5km, 10km, half, and full marathon… all in 4 days. CRAZY SAUCE. What is even crazier? THESE ridiculous times for the 4 events. If only I could run like that!
- THIS article just made me laugh. “RCMP search for naked trail runner.” Only in Canada would you find this randomness. I love that the article describes that the police weren’t concerned about him, he didn’t appear to be on drugs or a psychopath, and no one was upset about it and called it in, they were genuinely just curious… WHY WAS HE RUNNING NAKED? Too funny. He had on a backpack and headphones, just a typical run!
- Finally, HERE is a great reminder of the running habits that might not be the best for you. I think I can relate to all of them… like, every. single. one. What is the #1 habit to forgo? REST! See mom! It was necessary to spend the rest of the day after our walk sitting on the couch watching football!!
What is motivating YOU this week?
Anyone else watch the NFL games yesterday? Who do you want to win the Super Bowl?