In case you want to hear more of my random thoughts, you can check out Thinking Out Loud posts #1, #2, #3, and #4. Once again, I’m linking up with Amanda from Running with Spoons for a round of non-cohesive, scattered brain matter… a little fun known as Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
- It was super nice out on Tuesday night but I still had a good turn out at spin! I spent some time on the weekend buying some new songs for my spin classes and I was so stoked to test them out! I still get such an endorphin high after teaching, it’s ridiculous. I have also established that it is just not possible for my to teach or even take a spin class with a pony tail. My hair MUST go in a bun because it gets too sweaty if it’s not… TMI?
- “Honey, I’m Good” by Andy Grammer is one of the songs I added to my playlist and it is so catchy. If you put this on in your car and DON’T want to dance then you are dead inside. In spin we did some hard sprints and kept our rpms super high during this song. Bonus spin points for dancing while you cycle.
- Some errands happened on Monday and a car wash was one of them. I hung out with my friend’s 5-year-old daughter on the weekend and she told me my car didn’t look red anymore because it looked like I hadn’t washed it in a really long time… she was 100% right. I also got my oil changed and air filter replaced in my car so she’s ready for the lovely spring that is on our doorstep!
- THIS DINNER GUYS. I don’t even know where to start with this one. I bought artichoke hearts at Costco because my mom sent me there to buy bananas (those with a Costco membership will easily know how this tends to happen). I roasted a red pepper (broiled, skin peeled, like a hot shot chef), and made an avocado pesto. Combine that with chickpeas and edamame pasta, yep I said EDAMAME PASTA, and you get this beauty.
- As you probably gathered from my post about choosing happiness, I love super simple quotes. During runs I need simple mantras, one word even, and especially during marathon training, I need quotes that remind me why I work hard and push me out of my comfort zone.
- Speaking of simple phrases, I love changing the name of my morning alarm on my phone because “Alarm” is just plain boring. Last time it was “You better work bitch,” to kick my ass out of bed every day. Yesterday I changed it to “You go Glen Coco” and then when my alarm went off this morning I laughed for a solid 5 minutes about how funny I was.
- Yesterday I had “8 miles” on the training schedule. No tempo, no speed work, just 8 miles. In an effort to make all of my runs count for something, I did a progression run. I have talked a lot about how much I love progression runs before, and this one was no exception. I get the nice warm-up I love and need by starting out at a slower pace and towards the end when my legs are tired and I want to stop, I push myself to keep going faster. It was great! I actually finished off at 8.65 miles because I took a leisurely 0.65 mile cool down.
Thanks again to Amanda for hosting this link-up and if you ever want to see what everyone else in the blogging world is thinking today, you can head to her blog HERE! I have another round of spin tonight and I can’t wait to dance my face off on the bike with some new jams. It’s going to be a good time!
If you’re in Edmonton –> Check out Clareview Recreation Centre Tuesday and Thursday nights for a fabulous time!
What was your latest workout? Ever tried a progression run?
One random thought from today?!