Sayyyyy what? Double digits now?! I’m really on the band wagon now! Today is Thursday which means it’s time for Thinking Out Loud Thursday, a link up of all sorts of bloggers sharing their random thoughts for the week, hosted by Amanda @ Running With Spoons. I think of about 3891671986 things to write in this post throughout the week but then when I sit down to write them all I can barely remember one!
- I am Canadian, and I naturally love hockey, so of course I’m going to mention the start of the Stanley Cup Playoffs last night. If you’ve read THIS post or THIS post, you know who I’ll be cheering for. And they won last night… YES.
- This pushup challenge that I started at the beginning of April is going pretty well. I am using my legs less and less in order to heal my foot fracture, which means my strength workouts are mostly arms/back/shoulders/chest. It’s safe to say I might never be able to move my arms again after my shoulder workout on Tuesday. I realized I still had to do my pushups for the push-up challenge AFTER I did my shoulder workout.
- Speaking of workouts, I needed a break from the spin bike and didn’t want to be on my feet so I went swimming yesterday. It was a nice change from cycling but I still find it incredibly boring. I don’t know how a spin bike is more exciting but it just is!
- After making stacks and stacks of pancakes for breakfast over the past few months I was getting tired of carboloading for breakfast. I needed some protein in my morning meal so I attempted chocolate protein pancakes yesterday. Super simple, pretty good looking if I do say so myself, and about 50g of protein for one serving!! Chocolate chips not necessary but highly recommended.
- 1 cup egg whites, 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder, 1/2 cup oats, and 1 tbsp. cocoa powder.
- After patting myself on the back for such a great breakfast, I made a wonderful salad for my lunch at school, packaged up some sweet potato crackers and salsa for a snack, and promptly left it all on the kitchen counter as I left for school. Lovely. There is a cafe in the University of Alberta hospital that serves super delicious and super healthy food called “Healthy Trendz” and I was forced to make a trip over for lunch. 😉 Mmmm.
- Apparently birds hate my car. I was parked in the MIDDLE of a parking lot and ended up with quite a mess on my vehicle. Whyyyyyyy? (There are two more on my windshield that you can’t see in the photo).
- #TBT Remember when the roads were free of gravel and sand and it was warm and I could ride my bike all the time… let’s start that again please.
- I included my dad in that photo because I am so so so excited to announce that he got a promotion! He is now ranked Superintendent with the RCMP. He will be changing offices and will have a longer commute but my parents don’t have to move because it is a fairly local promotion! I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!
I am so excited to hike the West Coast Trail with my dad this summer and I am incredibly proud of him for all he has achieved and how passionate he is about what he does. He is always striving for personal growth and challenging himself and is such a great leader in every situation. Love you dad!
I hope you are having a wonderful week and just think, it’s almost Friday!
Do you watch hockey? Do you play hockey?
Do you ever eat out at lunch or pack a lunch? Favourite restaurant?