It’s finally THINKING OUT LOUD THURSDAY. Bloggers and blog readers rejoice because the day to word vomit all over the internet is today… you’re welcome, world. I have an excessive amount of non-running time to think of random things so I have a feeling this week’s TOLT is going be one of the best (and by best, I mean the most random and ridiculous).
If you don’t know what Thinking Out Loud Thursday is then you are likely a new reader of blogs. If so, welcome. I would say my posts are usually more coherent during the other days of the week but regular readers know that’s now the case. Check out Amanda @ Running With Spoons for the jist of #TOLT and to see other bloggers linking up to participate!
- First and foremost, one of my really good friends, Shawn, ran the 2015 Boston Marathon on Monday! It was rainy, it was hella windy, but of course he dominated like I knew he would. Check out these stats. CONGRATS SHAWN!! A 90 second PR and another ridiculously fast run (2:57:03)!!
- I said last week that I always think of things to write for Thinking Out Loud Thursday but when Thursday rolls around I just can’t seem to remember what I wanted to say. I took your advice and jotted things down and book marked things throughout the week but as I sat down to write I realized I have no idea why I wanted to talk about those things. Example A: THIS link which is hilarious but I have no idea what I wanted to say about it… except that Dwight quotes are unreal.
Just know, that is how I’m going to describe my running pace now.
- Speaking of running, my Monday doctor’s appointment went really well and my doctor gave me the two-week go-ahead as long as everything was healing the same and feeling great. That means in a mere 10 days I will be running… well, a 10 minute run, but THAT’S STILL RUNNING!
- I have tried to remain upbeat for the most part about not running. There are WAYYYYYYYY worse things in the world than being sidelined from a sport for 6 weeks and I know I am going to make an awesome comeback once I’m healed! Of course it’s frustrating and as the nice weather rolls in there is nothing I would want more than to head out my door for a run but I also want healthy bones and many more running years in my life! 😀 I was looking up some recovery training plans to ease myself back into running and according to popular Google searches, being an injured running is just a blast…
- I was proctoring the final exam for the course I am TAing yesterday morning and I wore running shoes all day to walk around in to keep my foot nice and stabilized and cushioned. According to my phone, proctoring an exam in a giant gym requires one to take 4000+ steps. I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face when I took off my running shoes and my foot wasn’t swollen or sore or anything!! I couldn’t stand the thought of putting my running shoes back on to go to work last night so I wrapped up my foot in athletic tape and it worked like a charm!! (<- my doctor actually suggest this for sleeping when it was painful to sleep with!)
- Be a TA they said… it’ll be fun they said.
- My coworker and I discussed my dating potential and my
lack oflove life last weekend for a solid few hours. This is basically how I would sum up the conversation. 😉
- Some days the food that sounds best is a grilled cheese. #worthit
I added about 1/4 cup cooked egg white to that grilled cheese to give it a bit more protein and it was amazing. It’s like having eggs with cheese and toast, right? So I can make this for breakfast every day, right? Grilled cheese will never get old. I am heading back to school today to mark 3807918 exams! Wish me luck! Remember kids: the wordier your answer is, the less your TA will read. 😉
What is one RANDOM thing you are thinking?!
What colour are your toe nails right now?
Grilled cheese? How do YOU make it? Added egg? Tomato? OH THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE! 🙂