My Your favourite day of the week – a chance to read all of the random thoughts going through my head this Thursday! Once again, I’m linking up with Amanda at Running With Spoons for a round of Thinking Out Loud Thursday! Not sure what’s going on? Me neither… just kidding, check out the deets HERE for more information 🙂
- Did you prank anyone or did anyone prank you yesterday for April Fools Day? My parents are in Winnipeg enjoying Spring Break so I texted my dad to tell him that during the windy conditions last night one of the patio chairs smashed the patio door. Too easy.
- This pushup challenge. I managed my 15 pushups yesterday and I’m pretty sure my face was redder doing those than it was during an hour of cardio. I hit the mats after ellipticizing to bang out my pushups and it started like this…
- I really like my new shoes for strength training! They are so lightweight it feels like I am walking around barefoot! I want to “save” my normal shoes for running because I don’t need arch support and cushioning when I am lifting weights, so these are perfect. In case you want to check out the ones I bought, they are THESE!
- I made a pizza yesterday. With no dough, no pizza sauce and no cheese… does that even count as a pizza? I covered a whole wheat flat bread in avocado, added olives, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and peppers, and then broiled it. When it was done, I drizzled yellow mustard over it. Holy delicious.
- As part of my Masters degree, I am a teaching assistant for a “Food and Culture” second-year course this semester. Today I am teaching the entire lecture because my supervisor, the prof, is at a conference. I like public speaking but having 160 students staring at you… AH! I hope it goes well, I really don’t know what kind of prof I would be.
- Ugh this foot, guys. Just when I think the minor pain is going away and I can walk like a normal person without even thinking about my foot, I stand up from a chair or turn a corner and it hurts again! I can tell my body is working really hard to fix it because if I spend too long on my feet I can just feel the injured spot aching. A few more days of no-running and perhaps *gasp* another unscheduled rest day this week. I’ll try not to whine about it anymore 😉
Note: the arrow points to the spot my foot hurts. If there are any doctors reading this, because obviously this is where you come for all of the latest medical news and sports medicine information and anecdotes; first of all, welcome; second, if you could contact me and let me know what is wrong with my foot and what I can do to cure it, that’d be swell.
- A spin participant requested some Beastie Boys incorporated into next week’s playlist – any suggestions for some spin-worthy Beastie Boys songs?! I think this is the best so far:
Those music videos are unreal. Worth a watch just for that!
That’s a wrap! I hope you are having a fabulous week – this week is flying for me! It’s crunch time for the Winter semester and I don’t think there are enough hours in the day right now! Good thing I la-la-love what I’m doing 🙂