Whaddup TOLT? Time for some random thoughts and in the case of this post, the most random photos from my phone that I haven’t shared with you yet. I am once again linking up with Amanda from Running With Spoons for a Thinking Out Loud Thursday post!
- I found a way to make both green smoothies and vanilla Vega protein powder taste good. Hallelujah! I love Vega products because they are plant based and full of really awesome ingredients, but the vanilla protein powder, which was the only kind available at Costco, just has a weird taste. I also think green smoothies are way over-hyped… only partially because I don’t know how people get them to be such a bright green. BUT I managed to make a beautiful green smoothie with vanilla Vega protein powder that tasted amazing. The key is frozen bananas. Now I can feel all superior and like a health goddess as I drink my green smoothie and talk about antioxidants.
- I like awesome life quotes. I have a million saved on my phone that I use as screen savers because it is awesome to have inspirational words right at your finger tips. Lucky for me, I get to constantly hear my own thoughts, so my days are full of inspirational words. 😉 In all seriousness, the simplest ones are sometimes the best.
- My weekend looked a lot like this. I had a final assignment for my research course due this week and I had a lot of writing and editing to do on the weekend. Luckily I needed to rest my foot so my goal to take as little steps as possible worked out well for being forced to sit and write all day!
- That Starbucks Teavana peach tranquility tea is UNREAL. Go buy some, and smell it. It will change your life.
- I had my last class of the semester yesterday and when I got to class there was no one there. Everyone was exactly 2 minutes late… or they had a meeting without me to talk about me… and I was internally panicking that I had missed the actual last day of classes and it was actually Thursday or something. Waiting outside a classroom for a while means only one thing… selfie time.
- In honour of publishing my Waffle Guide yesterday (<- capital letters mean it’s official) I made chocolate waffles with peanut butter for breakfast. Oh dear lord, these were incredible. I added a tablespoon of cocoa to the batter and topped the waffles with peanut butter and maple syrup. Nothing like a steady stream of glucose to get your day going.
- Second thing about that photo… THE SNOW IS GONE. It was 12 degrees yesterday and I think that officially melted any remaining snow. Hello spring.
- I have been necessarily spinning a lot lately. I have another set of x-rays today and I will be able to give more of an update on my foot injury next week when I meet my doctor for a follow-up appointment. Get used to weird bike selfies on this blog 😉
- MLB is back which means my daily dose of sports highlights is now full of baseball nonsense. Yawn.
After a holiday Monday I hope your week is flying by! Mine sure is, although I could use another sleep-in day! I ran out of time to pack a lunch AND dinner yesterday so on my way to work after school I stopped at Subway to buy a sub and I found TWO gift cards in my wallet that I didn’t know I had. Best feeling. Today I plan to be a little more prepared and actually pack food for myself! 😀
What is your favourite “on-the-go” meal? For me Subway is always my best bet!
Green smoothies, yay or nay?