I did nothing of excitement yesterday. I don’t even think I took one photo all day. I recertified my standard first aid and CPR and then worked. Good times. While you are sipping on that morning cup of coffee and eating your chocolate chip pancakes (or your bran buds, mom), here are some links from around the interweb this week!
- 18 Times George Michael Bluth Understood You on a Personal Level. For any arrested development fans out there, that was a top notch show! I love George Michael!
- I’ve never actually tried Spotify but having music set to your running pace sounds amazing. Sign me up! I find songs with specific BPM for spin drills but I never though about doing that for running workouts!
- 19 Things Every Tall Girl Understands as told by Taylor Swift. My homegirl just released her video for Bad Blood and I listened to that song about 837914 times on repeat yesterday. It’s amazing. This article is also 100% accurate. As a 5’11” girl, I know.
- Jen at Pretty Little Grub is on vacation in Spain so last Friday her husband took over her blog to talk about the coolest trip concept ever – Mystery Trip. It sounds like such a neat idea and later in the week he wrote about this year’s trip to Iceland!
- I’ve never known the right answer to this: Do you run the day before the race or rest the whole day? I have always done a super short run and never regretted it. The key is to run EASY and don’t test out race pace or do anthing ridiculous so close to a race. Does anyone treat it as a full rest day?
- THIS IS WHY GOLF IS TERRIBLE. A gigantic sinkhole opens up at Jack-Nicklaus designed golf course. When you’re not fighting off alligators in the water hazards, you are falling into sinkholes.
- I had some pretty creative and hilarious teachers in high school. Some of these “Teachers who are definitely funnier than their students” are laugh-out-loud funny. Like actually, I laughed out loud at work yesterday reading this.
- Ending with a fun fact: SO MANY people finished a marathon in the year 2014. A record, in fact. With many more new runners setting 26.2 as their goal, the average finishing times have gone up (slower) but the number of people to finish went up – it’s awesome to see!
Have a fabulous Sunday! Hopefully it is full of sunshine, smiles, and miles!
Did you have any super funny teachers?
Have you ever done something like a mystery trip or let someone plan your trip?
Run the day before a race to “shake out” or rest?