I can never remember how many TOLT I have done, so I always have to check my posts from last week to see what number I had. I probably lost count somewhere and just started making up numbers but oh well. The best blogging day of the week, Thinking Out Loud Thursday. I’m linking up with Amanda @ Running with Spoons as always.
Fun fact: Amanda and I live 30 minutes away from each other and met for coffee in the fall. Yes, she is just as awesome in person as you gather from her blog. You can probably guess that our mutual love for coffee meant that we met at Starbucks!
Another fun fact: She bakes and makes a TON of amazing looking food and not once has brought any to me. Rude. 😉 I promise not to start the rest of my sentences in this post with “fun fact”… I can’t promise the same in real life.
- Yesterday was National Running Day. As a runner, and a blogger, I think I failed by not making that what my post was all about yesterday. C’mon, did you see my food photos? Drool worthy. The running gods will forgive me. Inspired by national running day… I run because it makes me smile! 😀 Whether it’s a PR, a 10 minute pain-free run coming back from an injury, a run with a friend or family member, or a fast run that pushes me to my limits… running makes my smile and it shows me strength I never thought I could ever have.
- I DID go for a run on National Running Day though. A short and sweet run, the first one since the Calgary 10K on Sunday. My legs still felt a little tired but it was a great temperature outside and no pain or stiffness in my foot which is an awesome sign of my recovery. I ran for 30 minutes before heading to the pool for a swim. Can we pretend I was trying to be artsy for this running photo and not that I just missed the timer.
- One of my best friends sent this text to me. Not that I drink Coke, but I like seeing my name on things. 😀
- In the Calgary post-race bags we got Kiji juice boxes. I took mine to school the other day to have with my lunch and apparently I forgot how great lemonade is. This one is actually made with white grape juice and lemon juice and is DELICIOUS. I felt slightly ridiculous working on grad studies sipping a juice box but whatever.
- Yesterday I had a cleaning at the dentist and the dental hygienist told me that it would benefit me to start using an electric toothbrush. I took her list and went straight to the drugstore. My fear of cavities makes me follow directions really well! Apparently sodium laurel sulfate is a common ingredient in toothpaste and for people with a sensitivity to it, it can cause your gums to bleed easier… aka. me supposedly.
- You may have noticed that I added the Chicago Marathon button to my sidebar! I am working on an injury-free training schedule right now that I will talk about on Monday! I am going to try out an 18-week marathon training schedule instead of the common 16 week ones to better ease myself into the mileage!
- I heard a couple of my coworkers talking about going to see Pitch Perfect 2 next week and I immediately started eaves dropping so I could let them know they should invite me. I loved the first movie so I hope the second one is just as funny!
We’re so close to the weekend! I hope you had the chance to celebrate National Running Day yesterday! Head over to Running with Spoons so check out other Thinking Out Loud Thursday posts, or ICYMI, here’s mine from last week!
Have you seen Pitch Perfect 2 yet?
What is your next race and when is it?
If you run… what makes you lace up and head out the door?