Happy Thursday peeps! We made it more than half way to the end of the week… time to mail it in and cruise on home to the weekend. That’s what we all do right? 😉 I’m so excited for this weekend, even though I have a super early shift at work, because some of my relatives are here and I will have a full day and a half off! Today, once again, I’m linking up with the amazing Amanda @ Running With Spoons for some Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
- I currently have music and lots of choreography running through my head because I SAW PITCH PERFECT 2 LAST NIGHT!! It was so good. SO SO SO good. I really wish I could sing… or dance… or have any sort of musical talent. Until that miracle happens, I will just enjoy watching Pitch Perfect movies.
- I saw this gem of information in a Mens Health magazine I was reading before getting a massage on Monday. Yes, I read mens health magazine because I find it has way better strength workouts than the Womens health magazine! Some people thrive running in minimalist shoes but 90% don’t. Having the strength, the core, and the light weight to run in them is only for some people! I really want to be able to do a perfect pistol squat.
- My new draaaaank. Getting my calcium and protein in with a caffeine buzz as the cherry on top. This is possibly the one time they have spelt my name right since I stopped working there. Last time I went, it was “Criss.” I looked at them, like, “Soooo Criss Angel MindFreak?”
- I found peanut butter protein powder. I love my life. I tastes like a peanut butter cookie and it’s unreal.
- Rocking the sideburn-esque bun. My top knot bun was on point yesterday but I couldn’t do anything about those side pieces. They are the ones that get sweaty and stick out when I workout too.
- OMGOODNESS. This meal was unreal. Before the movie last night I made a quinoa and black bean bowl and it was heaven in my mouth. Quinoa, black beans, cabbage, mushrooms, lemon pepper seasoning, and laughing cow cheese. Holy hell.
- Yesterday I did a circuit workout at the gym after my run and I was sweating so hard! I was planning on doing strength training but I did more of a cardio/strength HIIT. I did 30 minutes of walking lunges, step ups, bosu squats, battle ropes, and much much more. I love switching my workout up and feeling like I’m going to vomit because I worked so hard! <– #fitnessaddict
I think this TOLT post was closer to a WIAW post because I basically showed you the things I’ve been eating and drinking lately.
I’m off to download the Pitch Perfect 2 sound track for my spin classes… they’re going to love me! You should definitely check out the movie if you haven’t seen it yet, if you liked the first one you’ll love the second one!
Protein powder lovers – what is your favourite?
Minimalist shoes yay or nay? What kicks are you running in?