Another link up day with Amanda from Running with Spoons. You should definitely head over to her blog (<-click her name) and check out her most recent recipes… OMG. Don’t follow her on Instagram unless you have a foolproof way to get drool off of your phone. I’m not even kidding, these are the most recent six photos from her Instagram. *wipes drool off keyboard*
How cruel. Anyway, she’s awesome so we’re going to join her for some Thinking Out Loud Thursday. It’s basically a random weekly post about anything and everything under the sun… which should probably be the subtitle of my blog.
- I taught one heck of a sweaty spin class on Tuesday night and over half of the class was new to spin! They had all taken “one or two” spin classes before but I don’t think any of them remembered working that hard in their first class. Everyone did so awesome and I made sure to give modifications and options but I think the hardest part of teaching is catering to the newbies AND the advanced participants because there is always a huge range of abilities and experience in the room. It makes for a fun challenge!
- I have worn the same workout shirt three days in a row because I only have a few that aren’t racer backs and won’t rub my new tattoo. Gross.
- Fun fact in relation to that gif above: The Lion King was my absolute FAVOURITE movie when I was growing up. I think the VHS was pretty worn out by the time we sold it… yes VHS… kids that’s what we used to have to watch movies on. I encountered a child who didn’t know how to use a “phone with a cord on it” the other day at work… WTF.
- Another cup of Starbucks pineapple tea yesterday. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
- Let’s all take less than two minutes out of our day (or ten minutes if you’re like me and watched this five times in a row) to watch this lip-sync of “I don’t like it, I love it” by Sean Hayes and Scott Icenogle. It’s incredibly adorable and so well done!
- My mom and I ran together yesterday morning! I slept in until she got up at practically noon (i.e. 6:15am) and we did 4 miles together with a half mile walk to warm up and a half mile walk to cool down. My mom is actually following along with my Chicago Marathon training plan just to have some structure to her runs – it’s going to be fun… think she’ll stick with me on our 20-milers? 😉
- This is my life.
- I have been transcribing interviews this week and my eyeballs are drier than the Sahara after looking at a computer screen for so long. I actually got nauseous yesterday while I was working because I was just focused so hard on my screen transcribing for hours. I took a 30 minute walk in the fresh air and got some water before returning to my desk and it helped a ton!
- I was looking up strength training plans for runners the other day and basically ALL of them suggested starting by working on a strong core. Well there goes my once a month 1 set of 5 crunches plan.
And that concludes the randomness… for this post anyway… I hope you are having a FANTASTIC week! I am hitting up some strength at the gym this morning and then teaching spin once again tonight!
Favourite childhood movie?
What was the last thing you baked? <- I want to bake something but I need ideas 😉
Tell me something random!