Who else feels like this week is flying by? It’s already Thursday! I swear I just wrote my 24th Thinking Out Loud Thursday post but here we are, back at it again! My days have been fairly busy this week so I think that is helping time fly. Of course, today I’m linking up with Amanda at Running with Spoons for some randomness.
- I filled in as a receptionist at City Hall yesterday and while I was there the office fish died. I was accused several times of killing it or at least being the bad luck that led to it’s death.
Ummm, no. I did not kill the fish. They immediately replaced it with a burgundy beta fish and asked everyone to come up with a name suggestion for the new fish. I suggested “Ron.” Hopefully someone gets that reference.
- After seeing Amanda’s review HERE on her Erin Condren weekly planner, I decided to order one for myself for my *hopefully* last school year. I personalized it and got my name put on the cover because I’m cool like that. I take my planning and organization for school very seriously.
It’s okay, I know I’m a nerd. When I was 7 I got math books for Christmas and they were my favourite gift and my first job was a librarian assistant. Yeaaaaaah.
- On Sunday my mom and I went to see Magic Mike XXL. It was everything I wanted it to be and more. I have a hard time criticizing these movies because really? What do you expect? All I wanted to see was Joe Manganiello and Channing Tatum 98% naked and that is what I got so I was happy.
For those that have seen the movie, the Backstreet Boys dance scene in the gas station was my favourite. I loved it so much.
- I taught spin on Tuesday night and played “Photograph” by Ed Sheeran as our cool down song and I can’t get over how much I love that song. Ahhh so good!
- I had a double workout day Tuesday AND Wednesday as I didn’t have time to get a strength session in before work yesterday so I just got my run done and then went to the gym after work for leg day. I totes rocked some glutamine on both occasions and you can read why I do that HERE!
- My run started before the sun rose and finished just as it was peeking over the horizon! It was gorgeous and the perfect “crisp” summer morning temperature, hovering around 8-10 degrees Celsius. I am NOT a hot running girl so cooler morning are perfection in the summer. 4 miles at an easy 8:46 min/mile pace.
- I was the only girl weightlifting in the gym after work yesterday. I chose leg day A) because it was the day before a non-run day and that is the only time I do legs and B) to impress the cute boys. “Nah, just leave those plates on when you’re done…” is my absolute favourite thing to say at the gym. I did a variety of muscle group training but trained heavy and get lots of lower body work done. I was sweating like a beast.
Woah, so many selfies in this week’s TOLT. I’m sorry… most of them were really sweaty too. I feel like I have had such a productive week and I hope that continues into the weekend! It’s a long weekend but I’m working every. single. day. so it’s just a regular working weekend for me! I even picked up shifts to cover for people who want to actually have fun and enjoy the holiday. 😛
What are your plans for the long weekend?
Did you see Magic Mike XXL?
Favourite workout song at the moment? (<- I’m always looking for new ones and love reader suggestions!)