I still feel like I am running on very little sleep so I am happy to be writing a Thinking Out Loud Thursday post, linking up with the lovely Amanda at Running With Spoons, where all things random are welcome and I can bullet-point my crazy thoughts!
- When I first heard this song I couldn’t decide if I loved it or hated it but it grew on me really quickly. It’s so unique and fun… if any of the people in my spin classes read my blog just know, this song will be making an appearance on the playlist very very soon!
- I am in no way proclaiming to be a baseball fan. If I did, I would 100% be a bandwagoner but I am really excited to see Canada’s only MLB doing well in the playoffs. The Toronto Blue Jays got off to a shaky start in the post-season but I am happy they beat out the Rangers to move on! It’s been a reeeeeally long time since this baseball team has seen such a hot streak so even though I didn’t follow baseball much until this year, I’m definitely cheering them on!
- Danielle, from Finding Fit, wrote a very honest and heartfelt post last week about why she wishes she didn’t go to grad school. It was so well written and really highlights some of the misconceptions and myths about the benefits of grad school. As a current graduate student I have definitely felt some of the things she talked about but I am really enjoying my time in my program so I can’t say I don’t like it. Talk to me in a year when I haven’t found a job with my degree and I may have changed my mind.
- On the flight from Calgary to Edmonton, on my way home from Chicago, I sat next to a couple who told me all about their trip to Texas. I told them I had just done a marathon in Chicago they congratulated me and then asked how long this particular marathon was.
- I am genuinely considering buying my photos from the marathon. For the first time in my entire life I really like my race photos. They had photographers everywhere at the Chicago marathon so there was no shortage of photos and I didn’t really take any photos at or around the race so I kind of want to download these awesome ones. Why must they be so ridiculously expensive?
- I handed in a working philosophy paper in my program planning and evaluation course at school today. It took me a long time to really wrap my head around my personal professional working philosophy and I had to do a lot of reading around theories and philosophical foundations to get a better understanding of it. I really tried my best in this paper but it’s hard to say if I really “got it.” This is what I’m expecting the grading comments to be:
- It’s Thursday, and even though it’s a short week, you probably need to laugh a little and get yourself through to the weekend, so check out “23 Tweets Guaranteed to Make Canadians Laugh Every Time.“
94% of Canadians are putting away the summer plaid and bringing out the fall plaid
— Stats Canada (@stats_canada) September 20, 2015
I hope everyone has a fabulous week. I am basking in the rest days after the marathon and also simultaneously setting up some new goals and new challenges for myself. I am looking forward to getting back in the gym and really focusing on strength training. I have a 10-week challenge coming up and I am so very excited!
Favourite song at the moment?
Do you ever buy your photos from a race?
Weekend plans -> what are YOU doing?