Whoop whoop it’s Thursday, which means it’s almost Friday, which means it’s almost the weekend! I am headed down to Calgary this weekend with my dad so I am extra excited for it to be the end of the work week. How else would we celebrate the fact that it’s Thursday other than with another Thinking Out Loud Thursday post with Amanda at Running with Spoons!
- The reason I am going to Calgary tomorrow is for the Montreal Canadiens game! My dad and I are going with my brother to the game here in Edmonton tonight and then we’re hitting the road tomorrow afternoon to catch them when they face the Calgary Flames. Can you say ‘Habs fans?’ It’s going to be a blast!
- I managed to convince my dad that we should make use of our time in Calgary and head to the mountains on Saturday for some hiking. I’m not too sure what the snow situation is like but we have one of my Aunt’s friends roped into being our hiking guide so he is going to pick a moderate day-hike for us to do! I have been itching to get back to the mountains ever since I left Waterton.
- Tomorrow will be essentially the first installment of the Fitness Friday link-up so get those posts ready! It doesn’t have to be a recap of any sorts or even related to a training plan but if it’s fitness related, join in! If you missed the Fitness Friday introduction and what it’s all about click HERE!
- Now that I am back into my early morning gym routine and doing less running outside, I have returned to the normal crowd at the gym. It’s so funny how it is the same people every day and they all know me and asked where the heck I had been for the last few weeks! Side note: there is a new, young and attractive guy that is there at 5:30am… mission ‘find Kris a boyfriend’ is in full effect. 😉
- Yesterday I did a wicked chest and back workout at the gym and then came home and went for a quick run… and by ‘quick’ I mean it was freezing cold and I was starting to go numb so I tried to run faster to get back to the warmth. I love doing these little 5K runs because they are so stress-free and wonderful! Just as I warm up it is time to stop!
- I don’t really “need” a new winter jacket, but after wearing my dad’s down jacket when I walked to work on the weekend I have decided that I should probably acquire one. How cute is this one?
- “19 Struggles Every Blogger Will Recognize” via Buzzfeed. YES.
- I really want to get back into swimming. Usually I have to force myself into the pool but lately I’ve just wanted to get back into lane swimming. WHY DON’T I HAVE TIME FOR EVERY FORM OF EXERCISE?!
Thank you for all of the lovely comments on THIS post about my hatred of post-race negativity. I was a little hesitant to post it but there was such great feedback, so again, thanks. 🙂
Any recommendations for hiking in Banff in the late fall?
Tell me something random!