Honestly, how is it the last day of November already? HOW?! Time flies when you’re having fun… or when you are slammed with school, work, exercise, and trying to maintain some form of a social life! I have only a few short weeks of school left before I take a break for Christmas! I absolutely LOVE the Christmas season and December always feels like such a magical month so I am going to try and have the most possible fun with a December 2015 Bucket List:
- Decorate gingerbread cookies. My mom makes the best gingerbread cookies so we usually do this at some point throughout the month but I can’t wait to do it again so it is a MUST on this list!
- Drive or walk around to see all of the Christmas lights. I love seeing people who go all out for Christmas and have a ton of lights and decorations. THE SPIRIT IS REAL.
- Go for a 10+ mile run. My miles are slacking lately with my focus on strength training so I’m going to go for AT LEAST one 10-miler or more. I miss the long run but the cold and my love of weight training scares me inside so I have been running just between 3 and 8 miles lately. For a “marathon runner” it is annoying to see my weekly mileage at like 10 haha!
- Watch Jack Frost and A Christmas Story. Two of our family classics. I usually watch Elf too but Jack Frost and A Christmas Story are my favourites. I ALWAYS cry when I watch Jack Frost and then I listen to “Landslide” on repeat for a week straight.
- Go to a hockey game (or two) with my family. There is something super “Canadian winter” about watching a hockey game in Edmonton in the middle of winter but I added this to the list because I already have tickets to a couple of games this month! I just love watching hockey on a cold evening!
- Go skating/snowshoeing/skiing/enjoy some sort of winter outdoor activity. I really wish I had skates but I DO have snowshoes so if we ever get any more snow this winter I will for sure be heading out for some more snowshoeing! It’s just the BEST.
I should also add to my list “actually do some Christmas shopping” because Christmas Eve will be here before I know it and I will be so unprepared! I love this season because most people are so happy and into the season and I really enjoy wearing scarves and boots every single day of the week while drinking hot beverages and watching snow fall. AHHH! Who else is STOKED for December starting tomorrow?!
What is on YOUR December bucket list?
Do you have any December traditions that you will be doing this week?