TGIT… Thank god it’s Thursday! I am happy to be linking up with Amanda at Running with Spoons for another edition of Thinking Out Loud Thursday! I have had a busy but productive week, with my free time being spent dreaming about snow, hiking up mountains, and Christmas… yes Christmas, now that Halloween is over I am ready for the festivities to begin.
- Don’t forget to enter my GIVEAWAY for Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts! QUICK QUICK! Go there NOW and enter!! If you tweet about the giveaway you’ll get bonus entries!
- HUGE congratulations to Kaella (Kaella on the Run) who completed her first marathon in New York on Sunday! It was so fun to follow along with her training and I was virtually tracking her all day on Sunday during the race! She did amazing and I am so happy for her!
- PSA: THE RED CUPS ARE OUT. It’s that time of year again when I can use a whole new realm of excuses to fuel my Starbucks addiction. “But the red cups only come out once a year.” “But the skinny mocha is only around for a season.” “But red cups just look prettier on Instagram.” Is is sacrilegious to order a pineapple tea in a Christmas cup though?
- Hot Gym Guy winked at me yesterday. Technically he blinked at me… but I mean, we’re halfway there amirite?
- I am actually super excited for snow this year, but I know when it arrives I’ll regret saying that. I already get annoyed when I have to scrape my car three times a day because the temperature doesn’t rise above two degrees Celsius all day. ALL day.
- I ran on the treadmill yesterday for the first time this season. It was about -5C which isn’t super cold and I totally could have dressed for it but it was dark and early and I needed to get in my strength training workout so I laced up and hit the hamster wheel. It was actually kind of nice. I feel like I’ve been too cold to sweat on my latest runs so this was a nice change when I walked away dripping. I just did a nice easy 4 miles and headed to the weights.
- I have Saturday off this weekend and while it is tempting to drive down to Canmore and join up with some #AlbertaAdventureGirls for a hike, I am planning on getting some significant meal prepping and meal freezing done so I am going to stick close to home. That doesn’t mean I won’t attempt to get as much fresh air as possible!
- You better bet I’m still on the overnight oats kick. Dried blueberries, vanilla yogurt, and pecans made this one AHHHHH-MAZING.
I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week and don’t forget to enter for your chance to win Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts in my GIVEAWAY! I am so committed to these 5:30am gym times now Hot Gym Guy is there promptly at that time. It’s amazing how much faster I get out of bed in the morning knowing there’s some eye candy at the gym. 😉
Latest breakfast of choice?
What are YOU doing this weekend?
Favourite Halloween candy? I’m just curious hahaha.