I hope if you had the day off yesterday you enjoyed a nice and relaxing one! It’s so strange having a day off in the middle of the week but kind of awesome. Lucky for me, this year the University of Alberta implemented it’s first fall reading break (normally we only have one in the winter semester in February) so I get the whole week off of class! I have been trying to stay productive and spend time writing my thesis while I don’t have to head into school for classes! As always, I’m linking up with Amanda at Running with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
- First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to Katie!! She won my Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts giveaway! Katie, check your email and I hope to hear from you soon so I can mail out your package! 🙂
- I TOTALLY get why everyone is so excited about the new Adele song, “Hello.” I finally listened to it a couple of days ago and it is incredible. Ya, I know, what took me so long?
- Yesterday my mom and I attended our local Remembrance Day ceremonies and it was the biggest turnout I have seen since moving to St. Albert. There were at least a couple thousand people there and it was a wonderful ceremony. It was also beautiful weather, unseasonably warm for Alberta in November, which definitely contributed to the size of the crowds! It’s always nice to see one of my favourite people in his fancy schmancy serge. 🙂
- I go through weird cycles of being really good about not bringing technology to bed and reading before I got to sleep and then a few weeks later I’ll have my computer in bed and be watching ALL THE EPISODES of Friends and question why I am not sleeping well. I went to the library so I would have a book to read every night that would hopefully help me sleep and leave all technology outside of my room… can you believe I’ve never read ‘Life of Pi’ before? Me neither, so I’m going to change that.
- After the Remembrance Day ceremony yesterday I had the brilliant idea to use this day off to go to lulu lemon and replace a pair of crops that I wore a hole through. I was really optimistic and full of patience when I left the house… then I arrived at West Edmonton Mall, along with 190847 other people… I spent over half an hour trying to find a parking spot. I am 87% sure I could have walked there faster.
- Once I got into the mall it was busy, but I knew it would be so I had enough patience not to punch slow-walking people. 😉 I stopped only at lulu and Old Navy and was there for just over an hour trying on clothes. I found three new lulu bottoms, one that replaced a pair I returned, and two more, BOTH Rebel Runner crops because I loved them so much! I can’t get over how awesome this cranberry colour is.
It was so strange to have a holiday in the middle of the week yesterday and have my parents home! I vote all weeks from here on out have a day off on Wednesday because it was kind of awesome. I got to sleep in before the gym and then run with my mom which I haven’t done for SO long! I hope you enjoyed your day off too and of course, took time to remember those who have served our country in the most noble way, by fighting for it and protecting it so we can have peace and freedom.
What book are you reading? Any recommendations?
If you could have a day added to the weekend or every Wednesday off which would you choose?