If you are reading my blog and plan on coming to one of my spin classes this week, SPOILER ALERT, we are going to be doing some throwback tracks for our workout! I had a blast teaching the 80s spin classes but as I am a 90s baby I am so excited to teach this playlist!
- (You Drive Me) Crazy – Britney Spears. Warm Up.
- One Week – Barenaked Ladies. A nice a quick second warm up or continuation to some speed work. If you are running this will get you set to head into your second mile.
- Larger Than Life – Backstreet Boys. Because you can’t have a 90s playlist without BSB. A BSB song came on in the bar on the weekend and everyone went NUTS. Yes, I remember ALL of the words.
- Strike It Up – Black Box. A fun and fast song for your workout.
- Blinded by the Light – Bruce Springsteen. A nice killer climb on the spin bike for this one. If you haven’t started singing in the gym by now then you have a serious problem and should probably seek help.
- Believe – Cher. HAHA YES. Fun fact, my brother dressed up as Cher and performed a song of hers with one of his good friends for his school talent show in Grade 3… so yeah he’s always been a weird one. 😉
- Gonna Make You Sweat – C-C Music Factory. I feel like this one is played at every single hockey game I have been to in my entire life. It’s a classic.
- What is Love – Haddaway. I just want to laugh when I hear some of these songs. Also, why are 90s videos so strange?
- Bug a Boo – Destiny’s Child. Before Beyoncé was the queen of the world she was the queen of this trio of ladies. A little DC in your mix.
- This is How we Do It – Montell Jordan. Boom. And you thought this playlist couldn’t get better.
- Mambo No. 5 – Lou Bega. This used to be one of my favourite songs when I was like 7. It was just super catchy and made me want to dance. Scratch that, it still makes me want to dance!
- Tearin’ up my heart – N’Sync. Yeah baby.
- Whoomp! There it is – Tag Team. Another hockey song. I think my brother had this in his dressing room every hockey game he played when he was young.
- Wannabe – Spice Girls. OBVIOUSLY.
- Good Vibrations – Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch. Guys, remember when Mark Wahlberg was all gangster and shit? He’s the best.
- California Love – 2Pac. A nice little cool down song for the end of your workout.
- Bye Bye Bye – N’Sync. I include this little number because as my spin participants are leaving, N’Sync will be telling them “bye bye bye.”
How would you NOT have fun with this playlist? I have done a 70s, 80s, and now 90s playlist and I hope this one is the best! It will definitely speak to me because I grew up on these songs! I’ll try not to sing too loud when I’m instructing. 😉
What is your favourite 90s song?
What type of music do you listen to when you workout?