I have the itch. It’s official. It’s been almost TWO MONTHS (what?!) since I ran the Chicago Marathon and now I am craving a race, a training plan, and a finish line. There must be something in the air or it’s that time of year because a few other runners who ran fall races are beginning to announce their race plans for 2016. It’s been a lengthy “down time” from training and I am ready to press ‘register’ on a few races, I just can’t decide which ones!
A few factors going into my race decisions:
- Timing. I am NOT registering for a spring marathon. Never. Ever. Building that mileage in winter just hasn’t worked out well for me. I am looking at doing a spring half marathon and a fall marathon.
- Location. Not too far and not in my hometown. I want to keep it most likely in Canada but I don’t want to repeat some of the races I’ve done a few times.
- Rating. I want to do notoriously great races. Big or small, there are lots of great races I have yet to do across Canada.
These are some of the half marathon races I am considering for the spring, let me know what you think!
- May 1st – BMO Vancouver Half Marathon.
- May 18th – Woody’s RV World Half Marathon (Red Deer).
- May 29th – Toronto Women’s Half Marathon.
These are some of the full marathon races I am considering for the fall!
- October 9th – Goodlife Victoria Marathon.
- October 9th – BMO Okanagan Marathon.
- October 9th – Valley Harvest Marathon (Nova Scotia).
- October 16th – Scotiabank Waterfront Toronto Marathon.
It doesn’t help that I won John Stanton’s Running book from Becky at The Bex Factor in her blog contest. 😉 Thanks Becky!! I was flipping through all of the training programs and it put me on the verge of being trigger happy with race registration. She even wrapped the prize in Christmas wrapping paper!
While I decide which races I’m running, here are a few pics from last night…
I had pizza and beer for dinner THREE NIGHTS IN A ROW this weekend. Obviously I have learned a ton doing my Masters in nutrition. HA HA HA. My mom bought lulu lemon beer for me to try (Stanley Park Brewing) and it was meh. It was super light and definitely not my favourite but it was okay.
My brother and I went shopping for supplies to make ugly Christmas sweaters last night and I can’t wait to show mine when I wear it for an ugly Christmas sweater party. My brother had never been to Value Village before and said everything was “worn and stretched out”… um, yeah, that’s kind of the point of the store. 😉
I plan on signing up for races before the new year so I have some goals set in 2016. My plan is one half in the spring and one full in the fall, with potentially a couple of short triathlons thrown in during the summer. I am thinking about trying my hand at triathlons so why not?
Which races are YOU signed up for in 2016?
Which races should I choose for the half and full?