Happy New Year’s Eve! I have the day off and I am ready to embrace the last day of 2015! As you read in my recap of 2015, I have had a pretty incredible year. My mom texted me when she read that post and told me that I did things in one year that most people don’t get to do in a lifetime. I am so grateful for each and everyone in my life and each and every thing I had the privilege to do during the year! I am linking up with Amanda at Running with Spoons for the last Thinking Out Loud Thursday of 2015!
- Tomorrow afternoon my neighbourhood is have a fire and skating afternoon around the neighbourhood backyard pond. How great are my neighbours?! I will be really sad to leave this group of awesome people when I move out of my parent’s house after school! I should be out practicing my skating haha!
- THIS SONG THO.
- How pretty is this? I think it would look really cool as a tattoo. I really like tattoos as art and not necessary with words but this one really got me thinking about what my next tattoo could be! It’s true what they say – getting inked is addicting!
- I created a new Pinterest board with hikes and camping trips I want to go on called #getouside. This is a sneak peak at what my Goals for 2016 are (to be revealed on January 3rd)!
- My grandparents left yesterday to head back to Winnipeg. It was kind of funny hanging out with my mom and grandma because I can see my mom becoming more and more like my grandma every day which means only one thing… I’m becoming more and more like my mom every day. OH LORD. When the three generations hang out, it gets… interesting.
- If we’re being 100% honest here (which, if you’ve read my blog even for 3 seconds, you know I mean that), there came a point around December 27th where I was so over the holiday season small talk. Does anyone else get this? It doesn’t help that I work part-time in customer service but I was so done with the “How was Christmas? How did school go? What are you doing with your life now?” chatter and I just decided to stop answering for a full day. It was probably best for everyone and after that point I was back to being a bubbly, positive, and engaging human being.
- Yesterday I SKIPPED THE GYM. Call the newspaper, because this rarity was just so needed. I still have a cold because I am an idiot and refuse to actually deal with being sick and to make things slightly more terrible I think I got food poisoning on Tuesday night so I was up most of the night seriously sick and in pain. FUN TIMES. I feel SO much better now so hopefully I’m over it!
- I accomplished the 10 mile run on my December bucket list on Sunday! My friend Shawn was planning a run at the gym so I met up with him to get my long-ish run done with someone else there to keep me entertained. It was just an ‘aight run. Nothing special but it felt good to cross it off the list!
I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Year’s Eve! Whether you set resolutions or not, 2016 is going to be an awesome year and I can’t wait to see what’s in store! See you in 2016!