Welcome to the first Thinking Out Loud Thursday of 2016! How sick are you of people saying “first ____ of 2016” or “I haven’t done ____ since last year”? I find it so funny when people say “See you next year!” on December 31st… like, no. Before I start off on a random tangent let me once again let you know I am linking up with Amanda at Running with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
- First of all, my awesome running friend Shawn (who you have heard about on the blog before… aka the super fast marathon guy who left me in the dust for a 2:55 marathon in Chicago) STARTED A BLOG. I wonder who he got that idea from? 😉 If you want to check it out head to Ascending Cadence!
- This song was on repeat yesterday for me. I played it in my spin class warm up on Monday and haven’t been able to get it out of my head since! My taste in workout music resembles that of a 13-year-old girl. I also have an amazing remixed version of Usher’s “Yeah.”
- I did a double workout day yesterday. I didn’t really plan on it except that in the morning I dominated my chest and back workout for a full 60 minutes (with 10 minute warm up on the stationary bike) and I didn’t really have it in me to do my scheduled 30 minutes of HIIT. I figured a half ass workout in the morning would not be as great as a killer workout when I’m a little more rested at night. PLUS my brother goes to the gym at 9:30pm every night so I got to meet him there for a bit!
- My cousin texted me the other day telling me she was going to be in Vancouver when I’m there for the BMO Vancouver half marathon on May 1st!! I am so excited! We rarely get to see each other so it’s going to be really fun!
- Hot Gym Guy asked if I needed a spot for my bench press yesterday. UM YEAH I REALLY DO (<- says the girl who doesn’t even lift enough weight to need a spot… ever). I am stuck just over the 100lb mark with my bench… but yes, I probably need someone to spot me.
- P.S. For those of you who’ve inquired, the guy I was previously dating was NOT HGG and upon further investigation it turns out HGG is married. HAHA.
- My mom and I started the new year by challenging each other to go two weeks without eating added sugar. Day 7 and we are both doing really well. I did a 10-day No Sugar Challenge last year (thoughts and results HERE) but I think I will ask my mom to do a recap of this one as she has a major sweet tooth! Stay tuned!
I hope everyone is having a fantastic post-holiday week! My weekend schedule ramps up towards the end of the month so I am going to soak in this upcoming weekend with few commitments and try and get out and do some fun things with a fun person!
Favourite HIIT song (or fast running song)?
Have you ever tried to eliminate something from your diet? How did it go? Was it out of necessity?