At the beginning of this week I was sure this week was going to drag. Thanks to busy days, early mornings at the gym, and a whole lot of prep for upcoming weekend trips, I can say for certain this week is FLYING. Time for Thinking Out Loud Thursday with Amanda at Running with Spoons!
- As I began the search for a “big girl job” I realize that I am absolutely terrified of a big girl job. I like the idea of it, being in the professional world, making actual money instead of sending my current part-time salary to the University for my degree, but it is terrifying to think about hunting down my “perfect” job. THIS article, “11 things all twenty somethings should know about their jobs” is really accurate and has some great lessons. My favourite is #8: It’s up to you to keep your passion for work alive. Nobody will do it for you.
- I taught a nutrition lecture on Monday night immediately after teaching spin class which meant adrenaline and endorphins were flowing like mad and I am pretty sure I talked 80149731 miles per minute. I kept having to stop and catch my breath and drink water because I had literally run down the stairs from spin class to the lecture room.
- I did a stair interval workout on the stepper the other day after an arm strength training session and I was dripping. I have gotten used to doing cardio after weights so I can really have the energy to lift weights but sometimes it’s tough to convince myself to stay for cardio after being at the gym over an hour for weights! 30 minutes later on the stepper and I was DONE.
- YES TO ALL OF THIS. HOT DAMN. Just what you needed to start your Thursday am I right?!
- I just finished reading “The Choice” by Nicolas Sparks. ALL THE EMOTIONS. I am oddly such an emotional reader. If a book hooks me in I can guarantee you I will cry at some point while reading. Yes, I know it’s a book, but there are more tear-stained books than not on my bookshelves. HAHAHA.
I can’t think of any more random thoughts for Thinking Out Loud Thursday, thanks to a brained filled to the brim with thesis work, conference prep, and upcoming travel! I am most likely headed to Lethbridge this weekend for an all-day recertification of my group fitness (so I can keep punishing people.. I mean, uh, motivating people on spin bikes 😉 ). Have a lovely Thursday!
What book are you reading?
Do you always read the book before the movie comes out?
What do you do for a living? What inspired you to get into it?