In case I haven’t said it already, HAPPY MARCH! It’s my birthday month which is one of the many reasons I love March so much. Spring begins, the snow melts, my running can transition outside, I will be turning 23 (eek!) at the end of the month… how can I not love March?
I am linking up with Amanda at Running With Spoons for another round of Thinking Out Loud Thursday. If you’re not sure what this link-up is about, head over to her blog and check out her first Thinking Out Loud Thursday, a chance for bloggers to write everything and anything on their minds and share!
- Amanda’s most recent recipe post was for Carrot Oatmeal Greek Yogurt Muffins (shown below)… YUM. I am craving cooking and baking so that might be something that has to happen this weekend. After being away last weekend I am ready for a weekend at home where I can spend time in the kitchen.
- I am thinking that in addition to some baking I need to whip up a batch of some of these pancakes. There is something about a cool winter morning that just demands pancakes or waffles. It’s funny, I’ve had quite a few people ask if I’m obsessed with waffles because of the number of times I’ve posted photos of waffles on Instagram.
- Speaking of food (because now that you’re already drooling I might as well keep talking about it), I can’t get enough big salads lately. I jam a tupperware container full of veggies, some sort of dried fruit or nut, tofu or tempeh, and top it with hummus and balsamic vinegar and it is SO GOOD.
- If you’ve read my blog for a while you know I usually have personal monthly fitness or nutrition challenges for myself. My mom and I decided to challenge ourselves this month to get two miles of walking or running in every day, no matter what. It’s going to help that I’ve already started trying to incorporate more walk-commuting into my life. Last night after dinner we bundled up and headed out for two miles and it felt really good to get a dose of fresh air before bed!
- I really do. Positive people are the best people.
- It’s a miracle, I am actually starting to enjoy chest and back strength training day at the gym. I used to HATE it. Wednesdays were the worst because that is when I scheduled my chest and back day and I just dreaded it. I’m sure it was just because I had a weak chest and back (you know, because apparently those muscles don’t just get strong without working them) and I didn’t enjoy feeling like I was lifting ridiculously light weight but after getting over those silly anxieties, actually following through with completing lots of those workouts, and being able to lift heavier and heavier weight with confidence in my form, I have grown to tolerate chest and back day. Not love, but I do like it. SCORE.
That’s all the randomness I have going on today, be sure to check back next week for more. 😉 I have almost zero plans this weekend and I am very excited for it, haha!
What is your ideal weekend breakfast?
Are you a salad person?
Workout you least like or body part you least like to train?