Good morning! All the sunshine around these parts is incredible and making me an even happier person! I am kind of craving a day of downpour rain right now, mostly just to take the dust down a notch, but I’ll take these warm days with endless hours of sunshine in a heartbeat! Huge thanks to Amanda (Running with Spoons) for hosting another week of Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
- Speaking of sunshine, can we all just take a look at the forecast for Tuesday? Like what? 26 degrees in April?! Immediately I thought, “Hm, that’ll make for a toasty run after work!”
- I am reading “Sharp Objects” by Gillian Flynn right now and it’s terrifying. I can’t stop reading it but it is also giving me nightmares. It’s like a train wreck. I can’t look but I can’t turn away. I read Gone Girl and loved it but this one is somewhat more disturbing.
- In case I haven’t mentioned it lately, I work part-time in recreation. I’ve worked part-time throughout my 6 (!) years of post-secondary in customer service and I think I’m finally at the point where my energy levels at work rival Leslie Knope. My goal each day at work, literally working for Parks and Rec, is to embody Leslie Knope as best I can. It makes my job of comforting mothers who are crying because their children failed swimming lessons, mediating battles for tax receipts between separated parents, and giving out bandaids to children who failed to listen to my warning not to jump off of railings… a little more fun.
*If you don’t know who Leslie Knope is, go watch “Parks and Rec,” you won’t regret it.
- I bought new casual shoes that are currently the love of my life. Why wear anything other than shoes that look like running shoes? These are Nike Orive Lites and they’re the bomb dot com.
- The NHL playoffs started last night. As a Habs fan, I’m fairly neutral to who wins the cup this year… because, well, it won’t be the Habs. #WeWantMatthews Despite a lack of favourite team to cheer for, I still love playoff hockey!
- THIS news article actually blew my mind. I hadn’t heard of the Black Widow before, Canada’s apparently notorious 80-year old criminal. SHE’S 80 and I’m scared of her. Is there a book or movie about this badass grandma because there should be. What the even? What? How?
That’s a wrap for today! Have a fantastic Thursday. Don’t forget to smile, say something nice to yourself today, and remember that tomorrow is Friday and Friday is the day where everyone pretends to work while mailing it in and thinking nonstop about their weekend plans. 😉
Have you read Sharp Objects? What is your favourite genre of books/movies?
Are you into hockey? Favourite team?
Tell me something random!