Happy travelling-to-Vancouver day… and happy Thursday to everyone else who is unfortunately not travelling to Vancouver today. I am super excited to be heading to the west coast, even just for a few days, despite the fact that my friend James is doing a semester abroad in Finland which forced me to actually pay money to stay downtown Vancouver. RUDE. Thank you Amanda at Running with Spoons for hosting Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
- Packing yesterday was a nightmare of tough decisions. The burgundy lulu running crops or the black ones? Two pairs of running shoes or just one? The blue bathing suit on the off chance I use the rented apartment pool or the peach one? UGH. #firstworldproblems
- Just a little refresher on how gorgeous Vancouver is… taken while running on my last trip to Vancouver (in August). I apologize on advance to those who follow me on snapchat, you might be annoyed with how much I post while I’m there. 😉
- Yesterday my brother had “Uptown Girl” stuck in his head and continued to sing it all day long until it was engrained in my brain and I couldn’t stop singing it. It definitely pushed “Purple Rain” out of my head which had been playing on repeat since the weekend. Did you all catch Adam Levine’s cover of Purple Rain (from 2014)? It began circulating again after Prince’s passing and it’s incredible.
- I made overnight oats for the first time in forever when I worked that early shift on Sunday morning and I forgot how good they were. Oats, greek yogurt, almond milk, chia seeds, and blackberries. YUM. They kept me full for so long too!
- HAHAHA. Accurate. This reminds me of conversations with Jo (Living Mint Green). 😉
- Yesterday I wore leggings and my brother’s old plaid shirt (prior to going to work haha) and drank far too much coffee. I hate packing and unpacking for traveling. I went from being a major over-packer to a major under-packer and it results in randomly running out of underwear or socks or forgetting to bring non-running shirts. There is no in between or “perfect” packing.
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow for Fitness Friday, some insight into my non-training plan for the BMO Vancouver half marathon, and a recap of my workouts from the past week! See you from Vancouver!
Anyone else running Vancouver this weekend?!
Packing or unpacking? Which one do you procrastinate?