I would like to start by saying… MY BROTHER HAS RETURNED FROM EUROPE. I told many people I didn’t miss him but I think my overenthusiastic snaps and the fact that I saw his vehicle in the driveway as I was returning from my neighbour’s house and sprinted home prove that wrong. I definitely missed him and it was fun to hear his stories from his first time traveling abroad. Let’s dive into some Thinking Out Loud Thursday with Amanda at Running with Spoons.
- I am actually more jealous of the sick tan my brother has than his actual trip. He’s so dark so naturally it makes me look even more pale. I just don’t understand how people tan so fast!
- My dad and I randomly found a geocache in EINP on Sunday and I have never actually tried geocaching before. I think I should try it because everyone who has told me about it has enjoyed it!
- I tried the mint chocolate chip Oh Yeah! ONE protein bar this week and while it was good, it kind of just made me crave mint chocolate chip ice cream. It tastes like you’re eating a chocolate bar but it’s full of protein. It is a nice “treat” because I would rather eat real food, but it was sure delicious!
- When I was cycling on Tuesday after work I did the same route my dad and I did on Saturday. Turns out I WAS drafting off of my dad because alone it felt a bit harder. It took me about 10 minutes longer to do the same route and my quads felt fried by the end. I felt like the first half was straight into wind gusts the whole time. I headed west and then north and that is typically where the wind comes from in Alberta so I knew the second half would be slightly easier.
But in reality when I stopped to check a clicking noise on my chain and grab some water the grass was barely moving. “I SWEAR IT WAS WINDY.”
- I have officially written 1000 blog posts as of today. HOLY CRAP.
- My coworkers literally had an intervention for me to talk about my self-timer running photos. Apparently it was a “hot topic of discussion” at work and people couldn’t figure out how I had so many photos of myself running when I have also mentioned that I run alone. MAGIC.
Just kidding. 10-second timers. BOOM.
That Shia Labeouf gif makes me laugh every time. Yesterday I was at the gym strength training and I was using a flat bench to do triceps dips and super setting it with seated shoulder press. When I did triceps dips I put my feet on the seated bench to make it a bit harder. I didn’t feel too bad about using two different types of benches because the gym was pretty empty but an old lady got mad at me. “AHEM, MOST PEOPLE ONLY USE ONE,” she said. Meanwhile, there were three empty benches that she could have used. Rude. Anyway, killed that upper body workout.
Have you gone geocaching before?
Have you tried the Oh Yeah! ONE bars? What’s your favourite flavour?
Have you ever had a run-in with someone at the gym?