YASSSS! It’s Thursday. I have Friday and Sunday off this week so it’s kind of like my Friday today. Being the generous and selfless soul that I am, I am covering eight hours at work on Saturday. In actuality I did it to get my Sunday shift off for the big bike ride. I don’t even want to think about the fact that instead of working eight hours on Sunday I will be spending almost that exact amount of time on the roads cycling. Let’s dive into some Thinking Out Loud Thursday with Amanda at Running with Spoons.
- Speaking of the big bike ride… I’m getting excited about it! 169km is on my agenda for Sunday and I am trying not to obsessively check the weather forecast. After all, it’s Alberta and things can change in an instant. I am crossing my fingers for no wind and no rain but I know I can push through any and all conditions to accomplish the distance.
- I’m also getting excited for some backcountry camping next week. It’s my only real “trip” planned this summer so I’m getting pumped for it! I have only ever backcountry camped on the West Coast Trail so I can’t wait to head into the mountains with Jo for some hiking and camping! #tbt to the WCT!
- One of my coworkers hit the road this week to Victoria, BC to visit family and I was absurdly jealous. I am in need of some ocean or lake or general BC time. I think towards the end of August I want to plan a visit but with job applications and finishing school I’m kind of stuck not being able to plan too far ahead. I MISS THE OCEAN.
- My school supervisor and I finally finished editing my thesis and sent it to my committee members for feedback. Reviewing a thesis is the most tedious, time-consuming, monotonous thing I’ve ever done and I was so happy to send that email this week for external feedback.
- I laughed so hard at this. “a papa john if you will…”
- No matter how you feel about Justin Bieber, I hope you were able to enjoy THIS video. I know it’s old news now and he’s done many more collaborations for this carpool karaoke segment but I still love this one. JB has some undeniable talent.
- Some of our neighbour friends went camping in Kimberley last weekend and when they posted photos on Facebook I was flooded with memories of the 6 years I lived there. That place is still one of my favourites in the world and I have a special spot in my heart for that little piece of the Kootenays. Our neighbours even walked to my favourite waterfall and took a few photos, so I told them that we took back-to-school photos every year at those falls. PROOF.
We lived in a little duplex with a huge backyard that backed onto a creek and some of my favourite childhood memories are there. I didn’t intend for this post to be so emotionally attached to BC but I feel a pull back to the province lately!
Alright that’s all I have for today. I’m working at the city outdoor pool today so I may just have to do a few extra deck patrols to work on my tan (lines). Have an awesome Thursday peeps and don’t forget to check back tomorrow for Fitness Friday!
What is one place that you find your heart strings still attached?
Lakes, ocean, or rivers -> pick one that you love most!
Tell me a fun #TBT memory!