Hello! I’m excited to dive into another Thinking Out Loud Thursday with Amanda at Running with Spoons because right now I’m high on endorphins from my 90 minute spin class and I can’t put together a coherent text let along blog post!
- I had everything from Queen to Pitbull on last night’s playlist but this was definitely my favourite song from the set. I just can’t stop with this version of the song. We did a nice tough hill climb to this one.
- I really like this quote. I feel like sometimes we get stuck in feeling like we “should” do things rather than wanting and feeling an internal pull to do them. When I focus on what really makes me happy and expanding that or paying more attention to that, the other things that don’t feel right or don’t make me happy just become less of a part of my life, leaving my life in a natural state of positive progression. When you make up your mind to achieve something, doors open to get you there.
- My brother and dad are heading to Winnipeg to watch the Heritage classic outdoor hockey game. They are taking a van with 4 other guys across the prairies to see the Oilers and the Jets… HOW CANADIAN IS THAT! I’m only slightly jealous and 3% upset they didn’t invite me. 😉 6 guys. 1 van. 1 hockey game.
- One of my favourite parts of working on work and school projects is formatting. I know most people HATE that part, but once I get the perfect content together, I love making it look pretty. I spent hours last week working on the formatting of a project and even working through lunch not to lose momentum. #loser
- I had Tuesday night to myself and it. was. heaven. Not going to lie I was in my PJs by 7:30 and spent the evening drinking tea, writing manuscripts, and watching a movie. I love being social and having plans every evening but it was incredible to have an evening alone. I also pay ridiculous amounts of money for my apartment every month to never spend time there. I watched the movie Whiskey Tango Foxtrot with Tina Fey and it was pretty good!
- Yesterday my friend and I went for a walk on our lunch hour downtown. I insisted on walking around the downtown mall and through the pedways because I was cold and underdressed. We spent 55 of 60 minutes completely venting about life and dating and work and it was like a therapy session. Too bad we had to go back to work and couldn’t go get a beer after.
I hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday. I’m certainly ready to sleep in again. I am craving a trip or an escape somewhere so I know I need to go somewhere soon. I get so claustrophobic in the city sometimes so I need a getaway every once and a while!
What is one of your favourite quotes?
If you could describe your week in one word so far what would it be?