Good morning wonderful people and happy first day of DECEMBER! I’m writing up a shopping list for this weekend and since I have a weekend at home again I have a few things to do around my apartment and some Christmas shopping. I am heading to IKEA this weekend and I think I’m planning this adventure to south Edmonton more than I plan my weekends in the mountains. Let’s join Amanda at Running with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
This post is also kind of a “currently” post where I write about what I’m currently up to. On Tuesday evening I cancelled all plans of BodyPump and my friends cancelled our planned kickboxing class and I decided to have a “me” evening. I did a facemask, watched reruns of Friends, ate nachos, and was in my pajamas at about 6:30pm.
- Currently eating… nachos. I added black beans, spicy salsa, monterey jack cheese, tomatoes, peppers, and avocado to my nachos and they were unreal. My “me” night was a bit of a treat night and I loved every second.
- Currently using… cheap facemasks. I don’t really spend a ton of money on face products or makeup like a normal girl and the same goes for these facemasks. They make my skin feel super soft and I love the smell of them. I spilled green facemask on my floor, sink, and cardigan when I put it on… HAHA.
- Currently listening to… Season 2 of Someone Knows Something! It’s basically CBC’s version of the podcast Serial and it’s really good. It dives into a mysterious Canadian unsolved crime and interviews people, police, suspects, and tries to find new leads on a old case. I love that it’s back with a new season!
- Currently reading… The Inconvenient Indian by Thomas King. I am about halfway through right now and I absolutely adore this book. It’s super funny and talks about colonialism so bluntly and matter-of-factly that you can’t help but love the author’s style of writing. I’m pretty passionate about reconciliation and addressing the long-lasting effects of the colonization of Indigenous people and the current systemic racism that persists in Canada and this book lightens up such a depressing and horrific topic!
- Currently preparing for… a three hour aerobathon on Saturday. I’m teaching 20 minutes of core during the three hour holiday food bank fundraiser but I plan on participating in the entire three hours. If you’re an Edmonton-based reader I encourage you to check it out HERE and join me!
- Currently watching… Pitch. This is the first season of the show but I already think it has knocked it out of the park (pun intended). It’s a show on Fox about a first female pitcher in the MLB. This guy is the main reason I have continued to watch it, he’s so dreamy.
- Currently excited for… hiking/snowshoeing with Jo in a week and a half. There may or may not be elf costumes involved. There is never a dull moment when we go on outdoor adventures together. Remember when we dressed up as a devil and an angel and hiking near Nordegg.
- Currently feeling… like the week is flying! This conversation literally happened to me on Tuesday. I was walking home from work with my coworker and we were talking about how crazy the week had been and I said, “Wow, it’s been quite the week,” and she said, “Uh, it’s Tuesday.” There has been so much going on in my office that it was like 5 days of changes in 2 days.
I hope your week is going by just as fast because it’s almost the WEEKEND again! Tell me what you’ve been up to and what you’re currently eating, thinking, and reading!