It’s that time of the week again, Thinking Out Loud Thursday with Amanda at Running with Spoons! I have been debating lots of blog changes, in terms of content, over the last few weeks and will be making some changes over the Christmas holidays when my life isn’t consumed by work, work, gym, and roadtrips, but I don’t think the Thinking Out Loud Thursday posts will disappear all together, they are too fun!
I am in need of a good laugh right now, so that’s exactly what this post will *hopefully* be. A few things around the interweb that made me laugh this week.
- Me at work this week. I wore a reindeer sweater and someone was like, “Bet you’ve been waiting all year to wear that.” YEAH. I HAVE.
- Okay, not going to lie, this has popped into my head lately. Everything is “potluck” and “secret santa.” We don’t need 17 work potlucks in December, we just don’t! I love them with friends, but with coworkers it’s such a risk! I don’t want to spend money on Steve from IT.
- My friend Gus and I were talking about how we can keep about two things going really well in our lives. Out of a social life, relationship, and work, we can only pick two to be going well at one time. It’s a struggle.
- Speaking of relationships, kids know best!
- This accurately describes my seasonal complaints with running outside. It goes from -20C to +20C so quickly in Alberta, and my absolute favourite running temperature is about +5-8C. There are like three perfect running days.
- I had an all-day meeting in a WINDOWLESS room on Tuesday and it could have been hell, but I was chatting with a guy from another organization who may or may not have matched or exceeded my personal level of daily sarcasm. He was hilarious and we kept entertained during the EIGHT hour meeting. I could see him answering a question like this.
- I just couldn’t stop laughing at this.
- Almost there guys. I’m taking the afternoon off on Friday because my personal days don’t carry over into 2017 and I just really want to only work 4.5 days this week. I’m going to get a manicure and a hair cut and go shopping… sounds like a personal day to me.
Have a wonderful Thursday!
What made you laugh this week?
Moms, what have your kids said lately that made you laugh?
What are you up to this weekend?