My official last day of work before the holidays is today! Yesterday I made a coffee date with a coworker mid-morning and today I have a dentist appointment in the morning so I’m clearly working really hard straight to the end. The coffee date was actually so awesome, it was with a very like-minded coworker who was able to candidly chat about our struggles in government, our challenge in being lowly employees looking to basically change the world, and I was able to humble-brag a bit about my Masters research because they are in relatively the same field and were really interested! I avoided work as long as possible and it was great!
I thought this week would be pretty chill at work but in my department it’s been mayhem! I’m ready to spew thoughts and chat on this final Thursday before Christmas. Let’s join Amanda at Running with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
- When I was doing some browsing and Christmas shopping at Chapters the other day I saw this cookbook, a new one by the authors of Thug Kitchen, and I want it SO BAD. I love the Thug Kitchen cookbook that I have and this one “Fast as Fuck” is about quick meals that are plant-based and healthy.
- If you don’t like profanities or recipes and nutrition advice that is blunt AF, I don’t think you’ll enjoy this book. I find it hilarious and so honest. It’s what some dieticians probably want to say but they take a more professional approach. These are a couple examples.
- Yesterday was the first day of winter which means the days finally start getting longer!! When the sun starts setting in Edmonton around 3:30pm, it gets depressing so I love that we are already at the turning point! It’s also an important point of Canadian seasonality.
<blockquote class=”twitter-tweet” data-lang=”en”><p lang=”en” dir=”ltr”>96% of Canadians are putting away the fall plaid and bringing out the winter plaid</p>— Stats Canada (@stats_canada) <a href=”https://twitter.com/stats_canada/status/811566324480692224″>December 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
Case in point.
Ignore the socks, I had black boots on, but I debuted by new red plaid dress from Joe. It was super comfy and the drawstring waist is super cute. Another woman in my office was wearing a chic red dress that was certainly more high fashion and I told her it looked like I was wearing the lumberjack version of her outfit.
- Joe clothing is hit or miss for me, sometimes I wander through Superstore and forget all about groceries because I’m trying so many clothes on and other times it all looks like crap. Right now it is ON POINT. I love their blacks and greys and burgundies and I’m getting adventurous with my normally plain fashion. First plum lipstick and now this burgundy floppy hat. WHO AM I?
- My brother is now a member of GoodLife. I asked if his experience was like this when he went there for the first time this week.
- I laughed so hard at this. (The song reference is The Killers – Mr. Brightside). This is an accurate representation of me around chocolate when I’m on my computer and mindlessly eating. It also explains the amount of chocolate on my keyboard.
I taught a super fun spin workshop last night where I tried out some new drills (including a 9-minute one… yikes) and had the best audience… aka my parents were participants. 😉 Spin leaves my legs so fried, especially when they’re 90 minute classes, so Thursday usually ends up being my rest day because of this. Happy last-days of work before the holidays!
What is the latest fashion change you’ve made?
What are you doing for Christmas this year? Anyone jetting off?