I just did an embarrassing search of every corner of my apartment looking for my phone, picturing it sitting on a table in the high security federal government building I had a workshop in all day and fearing that I would be late to spin class without music. I went to go change my clothes so I could drive to the building and retrace my steps… and it fell out of my back pocket. Doesn’t life humble us sometimes? Let’s join Amanda at Running with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
- YOU GUYS. BEYONCE IS PREGNANT. Hahaha, we were in a pretty serious workshop around Indigenous reconciliation and engagement yesterday when I heard a coworker gasp and relay this information to our table. Did anyone else think her pregnancy reveal photo was really weird and floral?
- I’m giving my Valentines date these new ProCompression socks for Valentines Day. My date is me, and I know I appreciate it. 😉 How gorgeous are these… I’m 90% sure ProCompression made me an ambassador so that I would get these in my inbox and immediately order them. Yeah, just take my money. You can get 40% off with the code V17!
- I convinced one of my super strong friends to send me some of her training plans. She has been seeing a personal trainer for years now and has so many great plans that instead of trying to come up with my own for my February goals, I think I’ll try to resource other people. I love strength training but I love it more when I don’t have to be creative and develop my own workouts!
- I’m really behind the times but I’m starting to appreciate the ombre look for hair. I am in need of a hair cut and kind of want to do something different, and I’ve never dyed my hair, so I am getting excited about possibilities. I think the ombre thing is kind of over but every time I see it done well I want to try it. I like the brown-grey look right now.
- Speaking of ombre, I
needwant these leggings. I have a pair of wunder unders that were my first Lulu item EVER (like 6 years ago) and they have survived this long but I think they’re ready to kick the can. They’re probably been ready for a while but I love them so much and can’t seem to get rid of them. I think an addition of these to my closet would help the grieving process.
- I like to think I am a strong independent woman. One of my car’s taillight’s was burnt out and I went out, bought the light, watched a Youtube video on how exactly to change my taillight, got the tools and everything I needed, went down to my parkade, set myself up for success… and then couldn’t even get the screws unscrewed because they were so tight. I called my dad.
- Last night after spin class I was leaving the gym, stopped at a red light, and in deep thought about my plan to pick up light bulbs from Safeway on my way home. The light turned green and I heard someone honk and then wave at me from a truck beside me… it was HOT GYM GUY. And just like that I have a ridiculous and inappropriate crush on him all over again.
I must have looked so lovely, all sweaty and eyes glazed over in thought about light bulbs… it’s no wonder he didn’t leave his wife and abandon his family to run away with me after all of those mornings at the gym together. Rude. I am not super into the book “Natural Born Heroes” so I end up scrolling on my phone in bed and it’s drastically affected how long it takes me to fall asleep. Another February goal is to NOT scroll on my phone in bed!
Do you have a strength training plan or workouts you do?
When did you purchase your first workout clothing? What was it?
What is the weirdest hair trend you tried?