It kind of feels like I haven’t done a Thinking Out Loud Thursday post in a while so this one might be all over the place! I’m linking up with Amanda at Running with Spoons for this week’s Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
- I had the weirdest dream last night. I was a surrogate mother for Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively’s baby. I think it was because I was reading an article before bed about Blake Lively’s workout routine to get back in shape after her baby. Dreams are so weird. Though it’s not the first time I’ve dreamt about being in their lives. I used to have reoccurring dreams that I was their nanny for little baby James. SO WEIRD.
- I’m going to see Cinderella, the broadway musical, tomorrow evening with a group of lovely girls! I’m super excited! I adored watching the movie Cinderella growing up so I feel like it will be a blast from the past. Can I dress up in a ball gown to go?
- I think it has snowed more days in April than it did in December and January combined. Oh man, I’ve had some of the wettest walks to work over the last two weeks. I’m really trying to stay positive about the weather because I truly love earning all of my seasons, but I am SO ready to not dress for snowy weather every day. It’s not even very cold, but that damn snow keeps coming.
- I bought this Limoncello candle from Bath and Body Works on the weekend to replace my (finally) burned gingerbread and very cinnamon smelling Christmas candles. It smells so fresh and clean as it burns, very spring cleaning-ish!
- At hot yoga on Tuesday night – yes, I went AGAIN – the instructor had such a chill fun playlist. There was lots of 70s and 80s music and it definitely added to the class. I was thinking less about how much I was sweating and how much my triceps and shoulders hurt from a previous workout! Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys was my favourite of the playlist. It reminded me of the solid chunk of my childhood that I played my parents’ Beach Boys CDs over and over… I loved them! Haha!
- I’m loving halloumi cheese right now. Halloumi (or halloom) is a Turkish cheese that is popular in Greece and countries along the Mediterranean. It has a high melting point so it can be grilled. It is so good in sandwiches, by itself, and as part of grilled kabobs! I just love cheese.
- Finally, last but certainly not least, I have a super fun event for you to check out! The GoodLife City Chase! As my readers are from all over, I really encourage you to check where the nearest event to you is, but for you Edmontonians – ours is June 10th! City Chase is “Canada’s largest urban adventure” and challenges teams of two to race around the city, finding ChasePoints and completing challenges. It sounds super fun and I know one of the teams that went to the National Finals last year and had a BLAST! City Chase is designed to test your mind and your body, so be ready to work! Don’t be intimidated by the physical component – the Chase is for everyone, just be sure to pick the right teammate to spend the day with. If you’ve seen any of these types of competitions on TV you know that you’ll either love your teammate or hate them by the end. You can see exactly what City Chase is like by watching this video!
Now that you’re ready to sign up, you can get $20 off your City Chase (Edmonton) registration fee by using the code CANADIANGIRLRUNS20. Head HERE to sign up!
Tell me this – what is your favourite spring scent?
What food are you loving lately?
What band/singer were you randomly obsessed with growing up?