So, I taught a spin class with ONE person last night. It was the most fun and awkward thing ever. Wearing a microphone while basically having a conversation with someone is weird. Luckily it was a really cool dude who used to be a spin instructor and is so nice and funny and we made a deal to kill it for an hour (instead of the 90-minute class) then head home early. We actually just laughed and chatted for the hour while spinning and pushing each other to work harder so it was an amazing workout. I think I worked just as hard in those 60 minutes as I do in the typical 90 minute class! Let’s join Amanda at Running with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
- In case you missed my Instagram story, and aren’t one of my coworkers that I’ve told this to a million times this week – I BOUGHT A KAYAK. Woot woot! Summer adventures here I come! My friend bought this one from Costco a couple weeks ago and said he loved it so I decided to bite the bullet and buy it before it gets to August and I regret not having had it all summer. This weekend will be her maiden voyage!
- I needed a few accessories for my kayaking adventures (like a new PFD so you know, I don’t die) so I stopped in at the new MEC downtown Edmonton. It. is. gorgeous. The 102ave location moved to 104ave which is way too convenient for me, and the new space is beautiful. I left with a lot more than I went in for which always seems to happen at MEC!
- Nothing like library fees and non-renewable books to get you back into reading! I polished off First Comes Love by Emily Giffin in a couple days and now I’m into The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson. It feels so good to get back into reading and I find I sleep so much better!
- Tuesday was my “crash” day for fitness this week. I pushed it a little too hard last week and didn’t take a rest day, then went hard on Sunday and Monday and by Tuesday I could barely move my legs, I was tired and achy and miserable… and just simply burned myself out. I cancelled the after work rowing class and evening hot yoga I had planned in order to stay-in and let my muscles have some much needed rest. I actually crawled into bed around 8pm and just read for a few hours before getting my 8 hours of zzz’s.
- If you guys can believe it, my brother might actually be the creative talented one in the family. I KNOW. Check out this random Wednesday evening espresso chocolate cake he made for dessert last night. Not only does he make it look too pretty to eat, all of his desserts are delicious and from what I hear the sugar coma was worth it. I just can’t get over how beautiful it is! Honestly, he is SO talented! Still waiting on my slice… *hint hint*
- I saw these shoes in a post from Christina (The Athletarian) and I cannot stop thinking about them. I have the black and orange Adidas Ultraboost and I love them so much, this blue colour is almost too much to handle. The coolest part is that these are a collab between Adidas and Parley. Parley is an organization where creators and leaders come together to raise awareness for the beauty and fragility of our oceans and collaborate on projects that can end their destruction. I just think it’s really neat.
Alright, that’s all I have for today. As brilliant luck would have it, I have the day off tomorrow which happens to extend my long weekend to FOUR days and I am grateful for each and every second of them. If this is my last blog post you’ll know that kayaking wasn’t for me… but I hope to be back on Tuesday to regale you with the tales of my weekend adventures! Have the most amazing weekend ever!
What are the shoes/clothes/event currently on your wishlist?
What book have you read lately? Any recommendations?
Have you been kayaking?